Portrait Expressions. Contemporary Lifestyle Portraiture. Real Life. Real Moments. Real You.
Based in Palm Coast, FL and serving all of North East Florida. Call today 386-243-9002

"Draw a crazy picture, Write a nutty poem, Sing a mumble-gumble song, Whistle through your comb. Do a loony-goony dance, 'Cross the kitchen floor, Put something silly in the world, That ain't been there before."
Shel Silverstein

Monday, March 5, 2012

Consistent Learning


I wasn't a good highschool student.  Well, no I take that back.  I was an AB student, but I knew how to work the sytem.  I regret that.  Because I never really paid attention and work came easy for me.

That isn't a good thing.  I didn't really spend a lot of time at school either.  As an adult.  It has all changed.  Not everything is easy for me.  And I like it.  It is a challenge.  But there is no reason to be complacent.

I do things every week to learn; read a book, read a blog, learn a new recipe, learn from a master photographer, I take a class or read up on business, help my daughter with homework... this is all learning.  I also read news articles, mostly they are tech related - some are world and some are environmental - very few are political.  I take the information I read and I try to take something away from it.

Quora.com is another one of those places I go to learn.  Quora.com is like a giant ask me network.  Ask something, read answers of a question, or answer someone.  It's a brilliant website because of the amount of variety out there.

Learning exercises the mind and invigorates the soul.

This weekend I spent time taking a virtual photography course.  It was amazing and taught by the amazing and gorgeous Sue Bryce.  I was elated she was teaching, and am so happy that I have taken the course.  She, as have past instructors helped me to open my mind and my heart in my business to take it to the next level.

The wheels in my head are already spinning and I'm excited to learn more and do more as I grow as a person and as a photographer.

What do you do to learn?  How do you expand your mind?  How do you educate to become more soulful, more balanced, grow?  I'd like to know.

This is how I spent some time learning today.  It's been a long time since I took a headshot, I learned some tips from Sue Bryce and I used them with my husband when he needed a new headshot for his FB account and a teaching account, this is what I captured.  He's gorgeous, and british... love.

Are you looking to update your headshot?  Are you a recently displaced worker?  Let me create a gorgeous headshot for you. 

P.S.
If I haven't said it before, I'm saying it now.
Thanks so much for reading my blog :)  I really do appreciate it!